QUB, Queen's University in Belfast, provides more than 9000 pieces of raw, undated, measurement ring width data, mainly Quercus, but also some Pinus samples. A list is available at http://www.chrono.qub.ac.uk/bennett/dendro_data/dendro.html. It also contain a bibliography. The main scope is Northern Ireland, but a lot of samples from all over the British Islands and also some from France are included. The recent tree samples are listed at http://chrono.qub.ac.uk/Resources/dendro_data/BELFAST_TREE_LIVING.pdf (dead link).
Update 9 March 2015: Between 2010 and 2013 the QUB measurement series were available at http://chrono.qub.ac.uk/Resources/dendro_data/dendro.html After that most of the series could be found at http://www.chrono.qub.ac.uk/bennett/dendro_data/dendro.html
though 539 series of the old samples were then missing (including Q10705M) and 50 series had been added.
Douglas Keenan who requested the series from QUB, has lately republished all the original QUB series (including Q10705M), see http://www.informath.org/apprise/a3900/b10/dendro.html
Assembled Site-wise chronologies
There are three preliminary site-wise (one mean value curve for each site) Irish chronologies available:
- BelfastAD.fh, a collection of mean value curves covering the time AD 25 - 2006
- LateBC.fh, a collection - floating in time - but possibly crossdatable towards the German oak chronology to 1155 BC - 69 BC. It should then be noted that we consider the Celtic and Roman block of the Hollstein reference as floating (see our section on the Hollstein data), i.e. the current dating of the LateBC collection might be wrong!
- BelfastLong.fh, a bog-oak collection covering 4615 years. We are not able to crossdate it towards the LateBC collection - so it is floating!
- QUB:GH13 Stirling AD 1559 .
- QUB:GH19 Stirling AD 1560
- QUB:GH5 Stirling AD 1517
- QUB:GH6 Stirling AD 1539
- QUB:Q3262 Midhope Castle AD 1505
- QUB:Q3263 Midhope Castle AD 1505
Northern Poland or around
- QUB:Q2619 Queen Mary's House AD 1286 , in St Andrews
- QUB:Q2618 Queen Mary's House AD 1249
- QUB:TADG06A TADLOW AD 1242-1381 Coordinates: , see: Wikipedia (English) article about Tadlow
- QUB:TADG08A TADLOW AD 1197-1385
Queen Mary's House seems very convincing. The Tadlow samples are measured in 0.1 mm resolution only, and the corr-values are not high enough to be absolutely sure of this date and provenience.