How to export ring width data in tabular format

You may post any question related to CDendro in this meeting.
Lars-Ake
Site Admin

How to export ring width data in tabular format

Post by Lars-Ake »

I've experimented with importing a CooRecorder generated file as a text file into Excel for analysis, as I'd prefer have a few descriptive statistics about my ring width data. However, it's cumbersome to deal with the text file whenever I have included more than one point per line during the recording process--or when I used the new crack measurement feature. I know that cDendro understands the file, but I just want a simple table of ring widths to analyze and I haven't found a way to get cDendro to give me this. Do you have any ideas? Perhaps I'm missing something obvious.
Read in the .pos file to CDendro.
Then "export" it as a .wid-file through the menu command Samples/Save ring width data as
That will give you a column of width data which can be imported into e.g. Excel.

You may also import several .pos files into a collection Collections/Add to this collection then do some synchrononizations (crossdatings) so that all your files are at their right offsets, and then export the whole collection as a number of columns.
For that export use
Collections/Write colleciton in TABULAR format

Actually that latter case is usually done like this:
With a new empty collection do "Add to this collection"
Then you have a collection with probably unsynchronized members (wrong offsets).
Then you analyze how the members should be offset and then successively copy them one by one to their right offset into another new (target) collection.
From that synchronized collection you then export in TABULAR format for processing within another program.

Comments on this process are welcome!

Best regards/Lars-Åke